Welcome to the Sister's Ten Modern Block of the Month Club. This is a BOM Club for 2013. We are making old classic blocks in a modern and surprising way.
The Sisters' Ten Blocks.
This Block of the Month quilt has a theme centered around your favorite women. Be it a Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Aunt, Sister or Friend. We all have a woman that we look up to and aspire to be like. These ten quilt blocks all honor those women, using their name as the block name. Sister's Choice, Grandmother's Frame. Quilts are a great way to commemorate these women.
- Starts January 2013 - join us at any time throughout the year.
- New Block tutorials post the 1st Friday of the month
- 10 Block Tutorials; November and December will be spent finishing the quilt
- Join our flickr group to interact with other BOMers and share your progress.
- Skill level: Confident beginner - Intermediate
- There are two finished sizes of the quilt depending on the block size you choose. Cutting instructions provided for both sizes.
Lap. 60" x 60" (9" finished blocks)
Large Twin 78" x 78" (12" finished blocks)
I'll be using Lucky Penny FQs by Alison Glass for the BOM.
All the Details:
**If you prefer to print out your patterns, downloadable PDF files will be available each month for just $1.00.** See each month's block tutorial post or my Pattern Shop to purchase.
Getting Started. an intro to the BOM, fabric requirements and frequently asked questions.
Background Cutting Instructions: Large Negative Space and Sashing
-or- Buy Now -or- Buy Now -or- Buy Now -or- Buy Now
-or- Buy Now