This is the block I used to make my Hello Sunshine quilt with Nicey Jane. It's one I customized with EQ7 to be the size I wanted. It's simple and elegant when paired with some great fabrics. Here's a tutorial for the block in case you'd like to try it.
1 - 10 1/2" square with your background fabric (Kona Maize in photo)
1 - 3 3/4" square with your center fabric (green/blue geometric print)
4 - 3 3/4" x 9" rectangles (floral print)
1. Cut the 10 1/2" square across both diagonals to create 4 triangles.
2. Sew a 3 3/4" x 9" rectangle to both the left and right side of the 3 3/4" square. Press.
3. Take the remaining two 3 3/4" x 9" rectangles and sew the solid triangles to the right-hand long side of the rectangles. Refer to the photo for the triangle placement.
4. Open the unit and press.
5. Next sew the remaining two triangles to the left-hand long side of the rectangles.
6. Open and press. Your two units should look like the picture below.
7. Now we are ready to sew the unit from step 2 in between the units with the triangles. Pin one triangle unit right sides together with the unit from step 2, making sure to match the seams where the geometric center square meets the rectangle of the triangle unit.
8. Open and press.
10. Open and press.
11. Trim off the excess material of the floral rectangles to square up the block to 14".
There you go.... done!