Ok, so hosting this swap again seems to be a no-brainer.... I've already worked through this once, so all the kinks are worked out AND those who participated the last time seem happy with what they received!
Let's do it all again, shall we?
Gen X Quilters' Kona Your World 2 Fabric Swap
1. Each swap member will send 12 Fat Quarters of Kona Cotton Solid fabric to me.
Fabric must be cut into Fat Quarters (18" x22"). 12 FQs = 3 yds total
2. Each FQ must be labeled with both your name AND the Kona Color Shade. (Make sure to put your name, so you don't receive your own fabric back!)
You may send any combination of colors you like - all one color or several shades. It's entirely up to you! Kona Solid Fabric must be new and unwashed.
3. *NEW* Send a 3" x 5" index card with your name printed at the top. Next list the Kona colors of your FQs. Third, if you desire certain colors back from the swap, list them last.
1. Your package of 12 Kona FQs (labeled with your name and the Kona Shade) should be placed in a ziploc bag to protect the fabric. The fabric fits into a 9 1/2" x 12 1/2" mailing envelope. I recommend using the USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope, which costs $4.90 for shipping in the U.S.
2. Included inside your package, please put another Self-Addressed USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope for me to mail the swapped fabric back to you. Postage is paid on these packages at the time of shipment.
3. There will be a shipping and handling charge of $6.00 to have the swap sent back to you. (This is the $4.90 return shipment, plus $1.10 to help cover the P.O. Box rental fee.) I will request the payment via PayPal. Payment must be complete prior to the shipment of your package!
Once I receive every one's FQs, I will sort them out and give you back an array of 12 beautiful new colors for you to try!
This swap will be limited to 25 participants. Sign ups start today and end 04/01/2011 or until the cap is reached.
FQs must be mailed to me by Fri. Apr. 22, 2011.
I hope to have the packages back to you within 2 weeks!
(Participants must be in the U.S. or Canada please.)
To Sign up for the Kona Your World 2 Swap:
grab a button (in my right side bar) and leave a comment so we can see who's in!
Oh, and I just wanted to mention GXQ's sponsor, Sew Fresh Fabrics,
is currently listing their plentiful
yardage of Kona at $5.25 per yard.
Go back and read it again - that's right! Now click away!