I am very excited to bring you another quilt pattern to enjoy! This is Horsefly. Horsefly originally appeared in the Spring issue of Modern Quilts Unlimited. It began with the idea to make the classic Shoo-fly block into it's own oversized whole-quilt block.
Horsefly is the Shoo-fly quilt block on steroids, with the whole quilt finishing around 75" x 75". In my house, quilts need to be big - either to set a bed, host a picnic, or cover all the kiddos during movies and popcorn. Horsefly fits the bill.
Gotta love a stripey binding...
This quilt is easy to put together.... the pattern is based around off-centered 4-patch and 9-patch blocks that make up the mosaics of color. It makes a nice large sized confident beginner's quilt. Most of the blocks are strip pieced, which makes putting all those mosaics together a snap.
Horsefly Quilt Pattern Highlights:
- Includes all cutting and piecing instructions and diagrams to make the quilt
- Finished size 74 1/2" x 74 1/2"
- Unfinished block size 7 1/2"
- Easy strip piecing technique to create 4- and 9-patch blocks
- Requires 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 yards of various prints